Tuesday, July 26, 2005

More CKU fun - Wednesday

Wednesday -
I met up with Jordy for lunch at Olive Garden. Soup & salad, yum!) Holli called while I was there & asked that we call her once we're done so we can try to all meet up & do some shopping. So we ate, then went to Kinko's to get copies of our contest pages done, went to Party City to pick up some stuff for our dorm table centerpiece & then hit The Scrapbook Shak - West Colonial. Ran into Origin there which was nice, since we haven't seen each other in awhile. So bummed that she wasn't able to make it to CKU.
After that we called Holli & made plans to meet up with her, Tina & Angie closer to dinner time, after they got Angie from the airport. Jordy & I stopped by her hotel & dropped off my car, then headed over to The Scrapbook Studio, in Winter Haven. BEAUTIFUL store. Packed full of stuff that I've never seen before. Will be making another trip down there for sure. We were about to leave & realized that the Scrapworks girls were ready to start a make & take, so we stayed for that. Made a 12x12 LO and a card using Scrapworks goodies, very cute. Also got a cool clear Karen Foster bag from that store. We then headed out to Timeless Scrapping, at the Millenia Mall to meet up with the others. I was so excited to have found a new store in Orlando, but I'm not sure I'll ever go there again. Seriously tiny. No room to walk between displays & no real order to the product. Our goodie bag there was a couple Mrs. Grossman stickers & an I love Scrapbooking button. Not exciting. Did learn that Holli has hidden talents that include cutting across 4 lanes of I-4 traffic though. ;)
From there Jordy & I went to Disney to pick up her DH & kids, they were too tired to wait for the tram to come much later in the night. Her DH dropped us off at Macaroni Grill where we met the others & had a yummy dinner.



After dinner we piled into Holli's truck & headed over to the coast. Tina is from California & has never seen the Atlanic Ocean, so it was a must stop. We stopped in at AJ's Scrapbook Store for a make & take & goodie bag, they were staying open til midnight, score! (cute tag book with a beach theme & some nice papers & fibers in the goodie bag) That store was so Cocoa to me. Sheets on the windows, locked doors (it was very late at night) and the lady there pulled out a bottle of liqour & started pouring for anyone that wanted one!




Once we finished shopping there, we stopped over on the beach. (See toes photo below!) Ran across a man sleeping on the beach, that was different. Then we popped over to Ron Jons. We all looked around for awhile but by then I was pretty exhusted & decided to grab a big stuffed animal & make myself comfy on the steps. It was near 2am by then, no one was there that I was in the way of! Holli & Jordy joined me & of course the camera came out soon after!





One last stop, to get sodas and ran into a grumpy old man working at the store. Was not thrilled with 5 girls wanting soda at 2am. Oh well. Lots of fun that night. Good starting point to bond, the start of some inside jokes. (Neil Armstrong, Past Gas, Scrapping COWS & ask him!) Fun fun stuff. I got home around 3:30 am that day and promptly fell into bed.

Thursday to come soon. :)

No comments: