Saturday, April 23, 2005

a happy & healthy life

I made this tonight...my first stab at jewelry making. Totally catching bead fever from Tara, April & Nora. (Isn't it funny how trends travel in the scrapping world? Blogs, self taken photos, beading?)

So anyways, been feeling very inspired by the awesome bead work of these 3 lately. Got some basic beading supplies in this past months Scrapbook Society kit. Went to Target last night & came across a bunch of beads, clasps and other goodies in their dollar spot. (Which I can never spend just $1 in...not even just $5 usually)

This is not nearly as great as the ones in the links up there...but it's my first and I'm OK with it.
When I was buying these beads, I knew they had a name to them but I couldn't remember what it was. It came back to me as I was making this, Cat's Eyes, because of the way the light reflects of them. I also remembered that I had bought a brown Cat's Eyes bracelet back when I was pregnant with Em. They were very popular during that time because of the different meanings they hold, each color having their own meaning. I bought the brown one after a doctor appointment where I was told that if the baby didn't turn in the next week or so, a c-section would need to be scheduled. Brown was supposed to promote courage and in some sense, it did make me feel a little better. (She ended up turning a couple days later and no c-section was needed thankfully) OK, getting back to the original story. :) I picked out the pink & green beads just cause I like both of the colors & I like them together. I had the charm at home already & just added it in for fun. Once I finished, I went online & searched out the meanings of the colors. Here's what I found:

GREEN: Associated with Earth and Venus, fertility, life. Green heals the sick and guards against illness. Strengthens eyesight, controls kidneys, relieves stomach problems, prevents migraines, improves fertility. Used during gardening to promote luxuriant growth. Green also promotes luck, success, wealth.

PINK: Pink is packed with loving vibrations. Calms, soothes, de-stresses and relaxes both body and mind. Ruled by Venus. Attracts or strengthens love. Smoothes relationship difficulties. Promotes self-love, peace, happiness, joy, laughter. Attracts friends. Encourages openness to others. Enhances group prayer. Enhances family.

Now, that fertility god can stay away from me, don't need any of that around here. :) But I'm pretty happy with the rest of the meanings. Added in with my 'live' charm, I figure I've made myself a bracelet to promote living happy & healthy.


Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Sheri said...

GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE IT !!!