Friday, April 01, 2005



I have a good kid, a well behaved child...or so I'm told.
Yesterday I talked with the director at the daycare while I waited for Em to get ready to go. She told me over & over again how good she is, how they never have a problem with her.
Then we went to the baby shower at my office. Again & again I was told how good she was behaving, how quiet she was, how polite she was.
It's easy for me to forget this sometimes. I'm sure she behaves better in at school & in public than she does when she's at home, but all in all, she's a good kid. In the midst of the fits that come when I ask her to clean up, to turn the TV down, to pick up her crayons, to get dressed in the morning, to get ready for bed at night....the good kid gets lost someone in there. Deep down I know she's good, but I really do get so frustrated sometimes & forget to see the good things she does. So I'm making an effort to remind myself more often just how good she really is. Next time I feel like yelling, I'll step back & remember how good she really is. That she's only 4 years old and she's just a child. She will misbehave sometimes, but the majority of the time she's good, she's even super good sometimes. And I'm so thankful to have such a good kid.
Posted by Hello

No comments: