Wednesday, April 27, 2005

life got in the way

We knew it all from a little thing
It was everything in our first minute
And it took us to another place
Yeah another place and we fell in it
How dare you not remember
How dare you walk away
We adored every little thing
Every little thing would leave us breathless
Every dawn split another day
And in another day we weren't so restless
How dare you not remember
How dare you walk away

And I wanted you so much
Just like I do right now
I wanted us to be the one
the poets write their books about
I wanted it to last
I wanted to grow old
But life got in the way
-Life Got in the Way by Sister Hazel

Thinking about the whole 'Sergio' situation lately. Not him, but the situation itself. It's hard to say now, five years later, if I made the right choice.
I see another choice coming up in my very near future. Two boys. Two wonderful boys. Two very different boys. I don't want to make the wrong choice. I don't want to regret my choice. I want a sign. I want to know which road is the right one to take. I want someone to hold my hand & guide me in the right direction.


You know what, I just got my sign. Just now, typing this out, re-reading it to myself. He's already given me a sign. Two of them actually. He laughed with me, not at me when I asked if Mexico City is in Mexico or New Mexico...and then he handed me my sign. One is Wright & one is right. Please let me be right, please.

No comments: