{I believe that believing we survive... is what makes us survive. -grey's anatomy}
Sunday, April 03, 2005
I am woman, hear me flush
The toliet in the hall bathroom runs. You know, where you have to go jiggle the handle to make it stop. It's been doing this for a long time and I just jiggle, jiggle, jiggle & move on. I keep meaning to look into fixing it, but since a few jiggles makes it stop, it hasn't been that big of a deal. Until yesterday, when I jiggled away & it kept running. I finally took off the back cover & discovered the problem. (If you care, the little rubber thing that is attached to the handle by a chain was broken. The seal was messed up & it was torn where the chain attaches) So I stuck the back lid on top it to hold it down so the water would stop & turned the water off at the wall. Today I ran up to Kmart & picked up 2 of the new rubber things (I checked the one in bathroom & it was getting to the point of breaking also). They were less than $3 each, so I figured I may as well fix them both while I'm at it. And I fixed them. I fixed the running toliet, all by myself. I didn't call anyone for help, I did it all on my own. I know it wasn't real hard or anything, but I did do it by myself. It's nice to be reminded that I can do more than cook and clean. I can change a tire. I can drain a coolant system in car. I can sand & repaint furniture. And today I added to my list, I can fix a running toliet. I am woman, hear me flush.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yay liza!!! good for you!! i can hear you roaring all the way at my house!
now if you weren't scared of the ticking in Emma's room................
Post a Comment