Saturday, April 30, 2005

the makings of a good day

Went shopping today. Real shopping. Not just, grab a couple things, but down & dirty shopping. Dig thru clearance racks shopping. And I came home quite happy.
Here's what I found:
  • beads - Some more from the dollar spot at Target and a few variety packs from Wal*Mart. Also bought the beading idea book from Target and a container from WM to store them all in. I've managed to stay away from the bead store that is less than a mile from my house thus far, but not sure how much longer I can control myself.
  • shoes - brown sandals, a tad bit to big, $3 Yep, that's right, $3. I can handle a little big for $3. Love it.
  • mirror - Black frame, LOVE it. $30 at WM, which really isn't bad considering the size. I've been thinking about/looking at mirrors for a few weeks now. I painted my dresser about a month ago & never finished painting the mirror...and left the lid off the can of paint so I can't finish it now. I really wanted something new anyways. Hoping this will look OK with the now white dresser. I think it will mesh nice with the black sconces & frames above my bed.
  • frames - Silver & $5 each at Target. Will hang next to above mentioned mirror.
  • random items - tub cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner and a book from the $ spot, which I totally didn't read the back cover before buying & not sure I'll even read it now, but it was $1, no big loss if I don't.
So that was my day. Throw in Ruby Tuesdays for an early lunch & a late afternoon snack at Taco Bell...good day. The mirror will be hung tomorrow. As will the photo frames. And maybe some bracelet making will happen too. I'll share photos of all of it when it's done. :)

opps, almost forgot!! Got my order from Ma Vinci's today. Love the smell of rubber. Gotta make some time to play with it this weekend. (If anyone cares, I ordered the Fortress numbers small, teeny fugger's numbers, Kings Ransom alpha/# set small, Art words negative, serendipity, french handwriting & Playful Heart small alpha/# set. For a grand total of $32. Can't beat that with a stick.)

No comments: