If you get a minute, check out my friend Chrystilyn (ok, that felt wired...her real name is Chrystina & she will always be Chrystina to me!)
I've been listening to this beautiful voice for as long as I can remember. Our grandma's were friends & would share a beer in the hot Miami afternoons while their kids, our mom's, played together in the yard. My mom & her mom are still best friends to this day. My brother & I grew up with her & her brothers. The type of people that feel more like family than friends.
I remember sitting in hotel lounges waiting for her to come on stage during karokee contests, thinking, wow, we are way to young to be in these places. I cheered for her during her elementary school talent show, a tiny little 5th grader, up on stage, leaving no dry eyes in the audience. She sang at my wedding, again bringing tears to everyone in the room. I remember hearing her first song on the radio & thinking, OMG, little Chrystina is talking about 'booty shoppin', what if our mom's hear this! It always amazes me how this big voice comes out of such a small body. So check her out, remember her voice and remember her name. She's got more talent that she knows what to do with and is passing up offers left & right...waiting for the one that she knows is right.
No comments:
Post a Comment