Tuesday, April 12, 2005

random thought #2

I cry over the sillyest songs sometimes.... Here's some examples:

Ms. Jackson came out right around the time Em was born and I cried everytime I heard it...and still do! It means something different to me now that I'm a single mom, but at the time I wasn't...so no idea what it is, but this one makes me tear everytime!
Ms. Jackson by Outkast
Me and your daughter.. gots this special thang goin on
You say it's puppy love (arf arf arf)
We say it's full grown (ARF ARF WOOF!)
Hope that we feel this.. feel this way forever
You can plan a pretty picnic
but you can't predict the weather, Ms. Jackson
Ten times out of nine, now if I'm lyin; fine
The quickest muzzle throw it on my mouth and I'll decline
King meets queen, then the puppy love thing, together dream
bout that crib with the Goodyear swing
on the oak tree, I hope we feel like this forever
Forever, forever, ever, forever, ever?
Forever never seems that long until you're grown
And notice that the day by day ruler can't be too wrong
Ms. Jackson my intentions were good I wish I could
become a magician to abacadabra all the sadder
thoughts of me, thoughts of she, thoughts of he
Askin what happened to the feelin that her and me
Had, I pray so much about it need some knee, pads
It happened for a reason one can't be, mad
So know this, know that everything is cool
And yes I will be present on the first day of school,
and graduation
I'm sorry Ms. Jackson [OOOH]
I am for real
Never meant to make your daughter cry
I apologize a trillion times

Another one that makes no sense..I'm here with my child, I'm not crazy...yet it gets me everytime!
Mockingbird by Eminem
Now hush little baby don’t you cry
Everythings gonna be alright
Stiffen that upper lip up little lady
I told ya daddy’s here to hold ya
Through the night
I know mommy’s not here right now and we don’t know why
We feel how we feel inside
It may seem a little crazy pretty baby
But I promise
Mama’s gonna be alright
And if you ask me to,
Daddy’s gonna buy you a mocking bird
I’ma give you the world
I’ma buy a diamond ring for you
I’ma sing for you, I’ll do anything for you to see you smile
And if the mockingbird don’t sing and the ring don’t shine
I’ma break that birdy’s neck
I’ll go back to the Jeweler who sold it to ya
And make him eat every karat
Don’t f**k wit dad.
haha

How's that for random thoughts?! ;)

No comments: